Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dibrugarh- Assam

It was 5:30 in the morning. It was shiny morning. One thing I must tell that it is the place of rising Sun in India. Sunlight breaks at 4 am in Pasighat. I woke up and did my checkout formalities in Hotel Anne. Mr. Nong Jerang came to pick me from Hotel at 6:30 am. He was helping me to catch the Ferry as I was new there. We started by his Maruti Alto and reached the river bank at dot 7:35 am. The Ferry is ready to leave on its schedule i.e. at 7:40 am. I shake hand with Nong and said goodbye. I got onto the Ferry. It was open on the middle. There was covered area on the both side of the Ferry. I was surprised to see more than a hundred people sitting inside. It was beyond my imagination that so many people take the pleasure of this journey. May be it is their normal route to Dibrugarh. I took a comfortable place on the dock and started dreaming.

I came to Dibrugarh. It is in upper Assam. This is a small town a district head quarter. This town is surrounded by Tea gardens. Assam tea is very very famous and most of them are cultivated in upper Assam. I have learnt a most important thing about Assam is that every Chief Minister that Assam got were from Upper Assam. The original dwellers are called Ahom. Language is Assamees. Religion in Dibrugarh is mainly dominated by Muslims. There is not less 25 Mosque are there. The adjecent districts are Tinsukia and Sibsagar. I stayed there in Hotel Indsurya. It is just opposite to the Railway Station. Cost is reasonable. The interior reflects the taste of its owner. The lady has carefully decorated this hotel. Read more on Dibrugarh Assam Travelogue

No comments: